Do you have a Mercedes? Thinking about having it remapped? Merced remapping is something that many vehicle owners have done throughout the years. Although it may not be necessary, it can have some benefits that can really improve the performance of your vehicle. For those who are looking into Merced remapping, the following is a guide on the advantages and disadvantages that come along with it.
Benefits Of Merced Remapping
- Increased power, better response time, wider power band and the ability to make the car drive easier.
- More precise control over the mixture of fuel, sensor corrections, ignition points along with high quality programming ability.
- Increased suitability with control parameters.
- Increased ability to support mechanical modifications to improve and widen operating parameters.
Disadvantages Of Merced Remapping
- Engine damage when improper parameters are set. It can cause the engine to be too hot, too lean, or experience excessive pressure.
- Type and emission approval. You may find the vehicle is technically legal.
- You may experience more maintenance due to increase wear.
- Clutch or powertrain wear or destruction.
- The second hand valve may be reduced.
- You drive faster overall which can affect your ability to control the vehicle.
Merced remapping can have its advantages and disadvantages like anything else in the world. The important part to remember is if you do decide to have your Mercedes remapped it’s important to hire a professional mechanic who specialises in Merced remapping and who has previously worked on Mercedes before. So are you still having your Mercedes remapped?