Are you installing sliding glass doors? Want to know how they can benefit you? Sliding glass doors are a great choice for installing within any home. They provide so many benefits that it’s no wonder there are many home owners installing them. The following is a guide on the benefits of sliding glass doors so you can make an informed decision when installing them.
Benefits Of Sliding Glass Doors
- They’re great for providing more open living space when used to separate the indoor and the outdoor areas.
- They let in more natural light to reduce the need to use unnaturally lighting.
- They give the illusion that you have more space because of their sliding ability.
- They help to keep the outdoor elements and temperatures from invading your home.
- They can add value to your home when selling
- They can promote optimal beauty and increased aesthetic appearance to your home.
- They are easy to clean for effortless maintenance.
- They are strong, durable and can withstand against the demands of opening and closing throughout the year.
Sliding glass doors are great for a variety of homes right across the world. Whether it’s to let more light in, to separate two living areas, or just to enhance the value of your home, you can be sure that sliding glass doors are the right choice for your needs. So have you found the sliding door to suit your home? Does it bring out the best of your home like you hoped it would?
Are you installing tiles? Need to cut them to fit? Cutting tiles is a delicate process and requires careful planning and execution. It’s important when cutting tiles, you have the right tiles accessories such as a tile cutter to make the process much easier. The following is a guide on how to cut tiles the right way, first time.
Tile Cutting Guide For Beginners
For a straight cut you first need to measure and mark on the tile where you need to cut with a pencil. The tile should be cut slightly smaller to allow for even grout joints. Next you need to place the tile within the cutter and run a score line along the marked area once to help create a break point. After this is complete push the breaker down to deliver a nice, clean and even cut.
For a shape cut use a pencil to mark the area. Next score each line using the tile cutter where it needs to be cut. Last use an electric grinder to cut the scored lines. Start with the sides first and then the middle.
Cut Away A Small Piece
To cut away a small piece simply mark the area with a pencil where it needs to be cut. As always make sure you cut the tile slightly smaller to allow for even grout joints. Next score the lines with the tile cutter before taking tile nibblers and gently breaking off small areas where the score mark is. Don’t try to break the whole section off first as this can cause a large portion of the tile to break.
Cutting tiles can be a very tricky thing, however with the right tiles accessories you can easily complete a tile cutting job successfully. So how did your tile cutting go?
Are you renovating your toilet? Do you need to make sure the new one’s right for the plumbing? When looking to install a new toilet to old plumbing it’s important you purchase one that will suit your plumbing requirements. Depending on where you live there may be a few different types to choose from including the P-Trap, S-trap, Universal Trap and Skew trap. For those who are looking to install a new toilet from the Villeroy bathrooms brand the following is a guide on the different types of toilet outlet options to choose from.
Available Toilet Pans
S-Trap Toilet Pans – The S-trap toilet pan is one of the most used toilet types available. The pan is easily identified with the trap’s toilet spigot being connected to the pan collar which is floor mounted.
P-Trap Toilet Pans – P-trap pans have an angled or horizontal outlet spigot which has been connected directly to the wall mounted pan collar.
Skew Trap Toilet Pan – Skew Trap pans are available in both right and left handed models with an angled or horizontal outlet spigot. This is offset at 90° and generally connects directly to the pan collar which is side wall mounted.
Whether your looking to upgrade your toilet or you’re renovating, by knowing the different types of toilets to choose from you can easily choose the right one that will suit your plumbing needs. So which type of toilet pan did you purchase from the villeroy bathrooms range of toilets for your renovation needs?
Do you have a Mercedes? Thinking about having it remapped? Merced remapping is something that many vehicle owners have done throughout the years. Although it may not be necessary, it can have some benefits that can really improve the performance of your vehicle. For those who are looking into Merced remapping, the following is a guide on the advantages and disadvantages that come along with it.
Benefits Of Merced Remapping
- Increased power, better response time, wider power band and the ability to make the car drive easier.
- More precise control over the mixture of fuel, sensor corrections, ignition points along with high quality programming ability.
- Increased suitability with control parameters.
- Increased ability to support mechanical modifications to improve and widen operating parameters.
Disadvantages Of Merced Remapping
- Engine damage when improper parameters are set. It can cause the engine to be too hot, too lean, or experience excessive pressure.
- Type and emission approval. You may find the vehicle is technically legal.
- You may experience more maintenance due to increase wear.
- Clutch or powertrain wear or destruction.
- The second hand valve may be reduced.
- You drive faster overall which can affect your ability to control the vehicle.
Merced remapping can have its advantages and disadvantages like anything else in the world. The important part to remember is if you do decide to have your Mercedes remapped it’s important to hire a professional mechanic who specialises in Merced remapping and who has previously worked on Mercedes before. So are you still having your Mercedes remapped?